Thursday, June 14, 2007

Stash Enhancement of a different sort


Since I'm trying to take a break from Stash Enhancing as it seems I have more than enough yarn, I decided I needed to reward myself with some books to help me use up said stash. While I have several generic Knitting Books, including Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book, and by way of a recent gift from Erika: The Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume Three: Color Knitting, I was still struggling to find inspiration for a particular yarn. The yarn has sat in my stash for some time, and I don't have much in the way of yardage (no, it isn't the Sinful - that, I'm afraid, is still sitting quietly in the stash)...anyhow, as a early celebration Spritely Goods' moving to its own domain (and a belated celebration of its inception), I decided to treat myself to three inspirational books.

I've heard no rebellious and creative knitter should be without a full library of Zimmermann and Walker...so I have enriched my book collection to include:
Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop, A Treasury of Knitting Patterns and A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns. I have it on good authority that the red book is the best.

No comments: