Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Cultivating Patience

I'm back training, with my eyes on a couple of races that are slated for this winter....in an attempt to do things right, I'm still working on my balance and ankle strength (even though everyone at the gym thinks I'm nuts I'm sure, what with all the one-legged exercises I've been doing) - I'm also trying to work in aerobic cross training on various devices in addition to trying to get myself to train using the Maffetone Low Heart Rate method...I say trying because it seems I am still trying to determine what pace I can run slowly at while still successfully staying within the designated training zone. At first I thought this would be a piece of cake...unfortunately, it seems my love of cake and lack of conditioning is making this much more challenging than originally anticipated :P I've been told that it can take several weeks to settle into a rhythm doing this type of training...and that it can take up to 12 weeks to see progress...

In other news, I've joined the Spun Stitches along...I keep meaning to spin myself a bunch of Arizona Sycamore colored yarn for knitting into a shawl or some other accessory - I have even had the bowl of fiber prepped for quite some time - I just keep getting distracted by other things (apparently I have a short attention span). I haven't decided if I'm going to ply it yet....and if I do, if I will ply it with itself, with sparkly iridescent thread....or both. Stay tuned, hopefully I'll get the wheel turning again soon and will have something to show :)

1 comment:

noricum said...

I clicked over here through your comment at Crochet All Day... I thought I'd let you know I started spinning the handblended batt of yours I bought from Tempe Yarn and Fiber when I was visiting a year ago. Spinning it is on hold right now while I'm away, but here's my last post with photos: http://noricum.blogspot.com/2007/05/wild-blueberry.html