Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Freshened up.

Well, kind of. My blog finally migrated to the New and Improved Blogger a while back...and there were some features I really liked - my archive was getting rather lengthy (apparently, I've been blogging for quite a while!) and I do like having the ability to pull up posts by subject/tag. I decided I'd have a go at trying to "upgrade" the template and streamline/consolidate some items to make them easier to manage and update. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to keep all the old KALs...they are still there for now, and I've tried to check the links to ensure they are all going to functioning pages. The good news, I guess, is they can be deleted in one quick click - the bad news is this blog template is much harder to keep a solid backup of. Or it seems that way anyhow since when I look at the code, I can't figure out where Blogger is keeping the content of the "widgets". I will admit though, that once I figured it out, it wasn't too bad! So...if you're on blogger, and you're trying to decide if the overhaul is worth it, give it a try - I bobbled back and forth several times and the good news is it is a piece of cake to switch back to your old-style customized template :)

1 comment:

bittenbyknittin said...

That's good to know about the Blogger templates. I upgraded to the new & improved Blogger, but have been leery of trying the templates because I'm a control freak and I like html. I may have to rethink my position, though.