Friday, May 25, 2007

Knit from the Stash.

I love Ravelry! It's still in beta, but they are slowly letting more and more people join - it's a fantastic way to organize and keep track of projects and project notes...and your stash.

Because I'm such a sucker for organizational tools, I took the opportunity to load in my previous projects as well as my stash.

Now, I've been knitting from my stash for quite some time. I know that I have a lot of yarn....I did not realize just how much yarn I have. Needless to say, after cataloguing yarn - only the full balls, mind you - none of the remnants or reclaimed yarns nor any of the cones that I have laying around (yes, cones) nor does it include any of my own handspun - I have approximately 70 different yarns in the stash - some are the same, with different colorways, but not as many as I expected. I haven't been brave enough to try the excel export yet.

Anyhow, there are an awful lot of yarns that could do well in someone else's stash, so I have taken the opportunity to list em up over on the Stash Reduction blog. If you like something just send me a note via the "contact me" link in the sidebar. In the meantime, I'm going to try to figure out what all I should queue up :) I have a big stash to knit thru!

No comments: