Monday, June 06, 2005

X = ?

Yeah....more math for me this weekend. Many thanks to the creator of the Knitting Companion - While I had indeed swatched religiously for the Ribbon X-Back, I still had to rip the poor thing out when after thirteen rows it was looking suspiciously large...indeed, half a row knitted onto another circular needled let me try on my pathetic two-and-a-half inches of tank to only confirm my suspicions. Ripped and re-balled, the tank (or rather the yarn for the tank) sat patiently next to me while I reworked the figures - the biggest challenge, of course, was the shaping...and of course, I won't know how well those calculations will come out until I get there. Ah the adventures of being the boss of my own knitting :D In any case, I've redone the calculations, measured a couple tee shirts that fit approximately how I expect the tank to fit, and have re-cast on for a smaller size. We'll see if I picked right in another few rows...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi: Thnaks for the kind words over my cat Godiva. I will really miss her. We will adopt two kittens soon. Hey if your tank is only a bit bigger you have the option of putting a bigger seam at the sides if ripping it out is getting to be a pain.