Thursday, January 27, 2005

we interrupt this program...

...to provide some clues and direction for my Secret Pal 4.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

*sigh* sadly, yes. I appear to be a yarn snob. I learned on cheap Red Heart - and I still have remnants of that one skein. As I've carried on knitting, I've definitely developed a preferred "taste" towards natural fibers and higher end yarns.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

No spinning here...and I probably aught not to start! Crochet: only the basics. Call it Crochet for Knitters.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

In theory I'm allergic to cats, dogs and other fluffy creatures, but I do have cats...Definitely smoke-free (asthma) and no strong perfume.

4. How long have you been knitting?

Oh, about a year now. My friend Raquel started me in on it.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Why yes, yes I do. But it's not well populated. I should probably remedy that.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I appear to be on a citrus kick right now and I prefer scents that aren't too overpowering. In addition to the citrus, I have a thing for "fresh" scents. Rosemary-Mint is a good combination.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Um, yes. Does anyone not? :) High quality dark chocolates are a favorite, but beware the heat of southwest...cakes, cookies, pies and candies....it's all good :D Not too fond of most gummy things but every now and again I find myself craving gummy bears.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I have a running love-hate relationship with my sewing machine...lots of ideas for various bags and such. I have a thing for photography and hand made cards. I used to love dying fabric, but haven't had the time to play with dye for a while...

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

My computer can indeed play MP3s, I like most music, but it's been a long time since I've had any designated favorite. Definite dislikes: most metal, country, hard rap, and opera.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

Blue is my favorite color. You can see my colors for Ribby here. Periwinkle is about the only pastel I'll wear. I also happen to love darker reds - not maroon or burgundy, but true reds - but not candy apple or fire-engine, if you know what I mean. For some reason, a good portion of my wardrobe is neutral and fall tones. No yellows or bright greens - they do dreadful things to my complexion.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Two adorable cats (photos scattered at random through my blog) and a husband. We'll be celebrating (get this) our Wool! anniversary this year (7 yrs).

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

To be free of corporate work and have the free time and the financial freedom to do as I wish. Dabble with being a pastry chef, play with my crafts, spend time with my heaps of books and get outside lots!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Good question. I was in love with Berocco Uxbridge Tweed - it was the first "nice" yarn I learned to knit with. I have running fascination for cashmere, alpaca and silk.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I've got a mess of dreadful yarns I need to do something with - I'm hating Lion Brand Homespun and Paton's Beachcomber. Splitty troublesome yarns, the both of them. And they both happen to be acrylic. Not that there's anything wrong with Acrylic per se, I've just been having issues with these ones.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Well, I went thru a bag phase, and a scarf phase...and then there's Cozy....I'm currently obsessing over finishing Ribby so I can wear her before it's too late for this season. I think I'll soon be fascinated with miniatures and socks. I also seem to be slightly fascinated with Lace, but I've not yet completed my first lace object yet.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Quick finishing items ;) because they are very gratifying to have them fly off the needles.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Officially, I've only got Cozy and Ribby on needles - how sad is that?

18. What do you think about ponchos?

Not for me, thanks!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I love them both - they each have their place. I prefer rosewood for straights. I love my Denise circulars.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo or plastic. No aluminum please.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Not unless you count felted slippers :D But I hope to be one soon :)

22. How did you learn to knit?

It's all Raquel's fault.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Do I *really* have to answer? I think it's 5 months old.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I love cats (domestic and wild) - and otters - and ferrets...and oddly enough, I think penguins are pretty darn cool too.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving

26. Is there anything that you collect?

If you asked my husband, he'd say I collect Cookbooks. :D And Yarn. I am a knitter, after all.

No comments: