Tuesday, January 18, 2005

have you been assimilated?

I usually take pride in being an independent thinker, but there is something to be said for taking inspiration from others...so a while back, I joined the Ribby Cardi-along - so I could see how other peoples Cardi's were coming along, and so I have more people to pester with my silly questions :D and having a bunch of people who are working on the same pattern to see progress and ask questions of is great.

I've also joined Secret Pals 4 - a knitbloggers gifting extravaganza. Doors close on Friday, so if you're interested in joining or want more info, go visit the SP4 blog. I figure hey, it would be fun to do a little gifting to brighten someone's day :)

And more in the way of being assimilated, I've been using the Russian Join method to add balls to my Ribby :) It seems to be working well, and it means one less thing to do when finishing. It does add a little bit of thickness where the yarns are grafted together, but I think it'll come out alright. Raquel has suggested picking up the yarn and kinda weaving it into the purl bumps on the wrongside as you go, and I might have to see if I can figure out how to do that :)

No comments: