Monday, January 10, 2005

Oh dear. I'm a snob.

I've discovered I'm a yarn snob. Acrylics just won't do for me any more. Working on Ribby and petting my Alpaca Baby Brush and not to mention my had-to-have-them skeins of Classic-Elite Sinful yarn, I've realized I much prefer working with natural fibers. They don't have to be expensive either, I really liked working with my Paton's Classic Merino - it just comes in earth/natural tones is all...and I need some color in my life. How did I come to this conclusion? Well, my hug just isn't warm enough in acrylic - and that Homespun is starting to create an odd halo in high wear spots - I bet it's going to go pilly on me any day now. Ah well. It's not to say that non-natural fibers don't have their place...There's a ridiculously soft linen-polyamide blend I keep running across at the Fiber Factory, and microfibers are notorious for being soft to the touch...many synthetic fibers are easier to care for and work well for people who have allergies. Ah well. Such is life. Thank goodness I'm on a Yarn diet :D and at least I know where to focus my attention at yarn sales in the future!

No comments: