Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Toasty Tootsies!

Fuzzy Feet from Knitty!
Just in time for the winter and the cooooold tile floors!

Knit double stranded out of Paton's Classic Merino Wool in Natural Marl and Deep Olive with Lion Brand Fun Fur in Sandstone for trim.

These felted slippers knit up quickly and easily - and because they're felted, any sloppiness in picking up stitches at the heel weren't obvious post felting (definitely a bonus!) I was amazed at how huge they came out pre-felting - If I had done them up in red, green and white, I could have added some length to the cuff and used them as holiday stockings!

After I had them done, I sent them through my front loading washer on Hot wash/cold rinse twice...while they were damp, I slipped em on for shaping. They're still a bit on the wide side, but the length is just about right. Unfortunately, the last few nights have been warm, so I haven't had a reason to wear them much!

Troy seems to think they're mighty suspicious....

2 comments:

Raquel said...

Love them, especially the fizzy cuff. :)

Becky said...

Those look really great. I just did the cuff for the first one. They are going to be plain for my sister.. she is a no foo foo kind of girl! Am I blind and didn't read that you need to knit with two strands? Or did you just decide to do that?

Happy Knitting!