Monday, October 01, 2007

Very Great Indeed!

click image to see larger version

A while back, I mused upon finding a pictograph that looked suspiciously like my cat. That unique pictograph was found while on my way to this glorious panel - the Great Gallery. This image is actually a panorama of almost the entire panel (over 300 feet in width actual size!) - the figures in the panel loom large - many of them are as large as actual people (5-6 feet tall). It is said that this panel contains over 60 figures and is considered one of the greatest pictograph panels anywhere. It is certainly unique in its size and condition based on my limited experience! If you ever get a chance to go, pack a pair of binoculars (or make use of the ones packed in ammo cans near the site) to get a "close up" view of the details. Now that it's getting cooler, I'm sure the hike would be much more pleasant than when I visited!

No comments: