Thursday, December 29, 2005

I'm on a Roll!

I'm liking this time away from work :) It's really letting me spend some quality time crafting.

In following with the suggestions made on the Poll I took a while back, I cast on for a pair of socks (and since the next project down from the socks was an aran sweater, I found a heavily cabled pattern for you cable fans) - these beauties flew off the needles (in more way than one - hooray for cabling sans cable needle!) and were finished in about a weeks time.

One of the bigger challenges was knitting the stockinette cable pattern on the heel flap - cabling across the back would have been bad enough, but in this case, it adds twisted stitches to the mix - the cables are comprised entirely of twisted knit stitches - according to the pattern writer, the twisted stitches stand out more strongly against the background - I have no idea if this is the case, but the pattern on the socks came out fantastically. More details can be found over here.

1 comment:

Ev said...

Stunning! They're beautiful; you did a great job. Isn't cabling fun?