Thursday, October 28, 2004

mmm....Fall Food.

Autumn is my favorite month - unfortunately, too often in the southwest I don't get to really experience it...so I've settled for just enjoying the cooler weather...in addition to the cool weather and color changes in the leaves (up north anyway), fall brings out the urge to cook hearty soups and stews.

Last night I made braised chicken with carrots and sweet potatoes....very easy, and very very tasty. I would have been even better if I had a loaf of crusty bread to sop up some of the braising liquid. And since I had the oven on and some over-ripe bananas to deal with, I made some chocolate-chip banana bread to finish the meal....Sorry folks, no photos. Taking pics slipped my blogging mind.

To make up for it, how about some miscellany? Did you know that Fusilli was originally formed by wrapping spaghetti around knitting needles??

No comments: