Thursday, October 07, 2004

Chicken - it's what's for Dinner!


I needed a quick dinner that 1) used up the peppers in my fridge 2) used up the limes that have been sitting on my counter for a while (before they shriveled into little up in the arid environment that is the Desert Southwest), and 3) that would produce portable leftovers for lunch. What did I wind up with? Another variation of my previously posted Tequila Lime Chicken. Unfortunately, I had no jalapeno or cilantro on hand - so I used some other herbs for additional flavoring and it came out just fine, though the kick from the jalapeno was missing. Now that I think about it, I probably could have used a couple scoops of salsa in the marinade to get that spicy flavor....well, I'll add it to the list of things to try in the kitchen and we'll see if it works.

No comments: