Monday, September 18, 2006

Support My Madness!

If you all remember, a while back I started running again...then life happened and I promptly stopped training and have been having false starts on and off again ever since. During one of my "on again" fits, I stumbled across the IronGirl site and joined up, thinking, oh good - motivational material...and then I fumbled and the training jerked to a halt again. Thinking about what motivates me, I realized that I'm a goal oriented person. I fixate on goals and I force myself to perform.

So, in a fit of madness and some minor urgings from Raquel I registered for the Tempe Irongirl race in December. It's just a 5k, but seeing as I'm pretty much starting over from scratch and I've never run outdoors (well, other than under duress), I think it's a fair goal.

I figure if I'm going to register for the race, I may as well go all out and see if I can't raise some money for IronGirl's partner organization, the Ulman Cancer Fund. Just for kicks and giggles, I've set the target at $500 as that level of donations will trick me out in Iron Girl Apparel - which, I suspect, is Pink. Why is this significant? Well. I generally don't *do* pink - however, if by some miracle, I raise $500, I will run (or walk if I have to) the race in pink. And if the apparel isn't pink, I'll find some pink. As a matter of fact, I'll go get myself a pink skirt to wear - and I'll publish photos of the miraculous event.

So do me proud people, click on over to turn me girly donate. I've got til the end of November to raise that money!

2 comments:

Raquel said...

Woohooo! The madness propagates....

Creative Genius? said...

Yeah.... I was your first donation how cool!!! Good luck, run fast, be strong and I can't wait to see you in PINK!