Thursday, September 14, 2006

I Felt Floppy.

Alright, alright, I realize that is probably really really terrible grammatically, but oh well.

My excuse is I'm an engineer ;)

Anyhow, I was going to show you what the cat beds look like now that they've been felted, but it's just plain depressing.

They don't look much changed from this:


And why is this wrong you ask? Well, it's wrong because that is a photo of the catbeds *before* felting. They've been thru a hot wash/cold rinse twice already - and they have shrunk some, and definitely felted some, but they are still floppy as can be, and there is still a fair bit of stitch definition. Thankfully, the cats do seem to like them still - floppy as they are. I've actually stuffed the larger cat bed with a fabric one I made for them a while back - so it actually looks like a big plushy bowl, and I caught Troy sleeping in there once - but he ran off before I could capture the evidence. So I guess I can call these "done" though I suspect I'll keep trying to felt them when I have appropriate laundry to throw them in with for further hot water action.

No comments: