Thursday, July 13, 2006

Supersize Me!

Serious skeins are in need of serious winders...I don't like cutting yarn if I don't have to - especially since it means more ends to weave in at the end of a project. I have enough of a hard time with finishing without making more work for myself :)

The newest addition to my equipment is this whirling dervish of fun. Small winder shown for scale. The big guy supposedly holds a full pound of yarn :) It'll be especially useful for winding double length skeins of handdyed yarn.

Speaking of yarn, I finally picked up the needles again, it seems like it's been ages. I've missed it. I've only got a couple of WIPs, and no idea of what to cast on next for...but I'm thinking felting projects. Fast and quick gratification! Then again, there are a couple o folks with babies on the way...so gift knitting/crafting is also in order.

In running news, I have gotten to the point where I can actually run the equivalent of 2+ laps. I can't remember the last time I could do that (if ever). Sadly, I'm stuck running on a dreadmill...and I get bored...and the time seems to drag on by. Anyone have any tips to distract me?

2 comments:

Creative Genius? said...

Howdy - the new site looks great but I'll email you tomorrow on that...

I am jealous of the new winder - but then again it's been WEEKS since I've wound any yarn so I have no room to be jealous...

As for the treadmill... I do several things... magazines during warm up/cool down (I can't really read a book them so flipping through a mag is about it)... watch TV (get TIVO if you do it at home and TIVO random stuff - makes it fun) or DVD again if you are home... I listen to the radio or MP3s but you could even download a book if you wanted to...

RoadSide said...

If youre looking for a fun project to help you get back in the swing, a local knitter is starting "Project Snuggle". She's collecting knitted teddy bears for Law Enforcement Agencies to give to children during domestic dispute calls. Check it out http://fluttercrafts.typepad.com/