Monday, July 17, 2006

Holiday Knitting?!

I'm all for an early start...and since I've been so terribly neglectful with my knitting and at least one planned project requires spinning *and* knitting, I've started up a list. Tempe Yarn and Fiber is providing extra incentive to us by offering up prizes if we go knit on Saturday evenings as we finish off items on our lists! (and they don't even need to be gift knits - they can be UFOs that you just need extra motivation to finally complete! They can be knits for yourself!)

Ps. Does anyone know a good way to knit a circle from the inside out (or perhaps the outside in) so that I can get the middle completely closed tightly?

2 comments:

Mel said...

One thing I've done in the past is knit a small square (4X4 or 6X6 stitches) and then pick up the sides to start knitting in the round. Let us know how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie, have you ever tried Emily Ocker's circular beginning? I did for a shawl and it closed up the center nicely (although not 100%).