Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Bug Juice

Bugs love me. I don't know wy. I like to think it's because I'm sweet (ha ha).

Anyhow, does anyone have any non-Deet non Permetherin recommendations for bug repellent? Yes, I'm familiar with Citronella, and Lemon Grass, but neither seem to deter the little biters for long....


Speaking of bugs...These guys are my newest venture. They don't look much like bugs, do they? They look more like little rocks. Well, I consider that a good thing, seeing as what they are destined for. I am plenty well in touch with where my food comes from, and I've eaten my fair share of food that closely resembles the animal from which it came. Anyway, anyone care to hazard a guess as to what the little creatures are and what they've got in store for them?

7 comments:

Freecia said...

Cochineal for dying?

Bug repellent- tea tree oil might work for you.

Pam said...

Avon Skin-so-Soft. don't know why, but it works.

YarnB said...

I am guessing cochineal too. I can't wait to see!!! I am collecting natural dyes too. I just haven't wanted to turn on a dye pot in this heat! I keep telling you we need a huge studio!

Creative Genius? said...

Hey there - so sorry for not emailing you before I left for a weeks vacation but now I don't have your email to send you a private note BUT.... I LOVE the store site!!! REALLY!!! IT's amazing and wonderful and professional and amazing!!!!

Congrats and I wish you the best of luck with it! Keep me posted as to all the cool things you are going to be having!! And let me know if I can help in any way!!

:-) AL

Chris Wass said...

I like Burt's Bees natural bug repellant. It has a blend of stuf bugs don't like. It works pretty well for me, and I'm also a favorite food for bugs!

Abigale said...

I've had good luck with bumping up my Vitamin B intake - I think it's B12 specifically that makes you taste bad to the bugs - but I just take a B Complex supplement. It takes a week or so before you really start to notice that you're not getting eaten - but if you take it every day the bugs don't like the way it tastes at all! And they lurve me without it. Just my suggestion.

Oh, and as far as the pic, I'm guessing it's some bark type dye stuff, maybe madder or Brazilwood?

Abi

Anonymous said...

I vote for cocchineal as well.

Buzz Off works really well, and I think it's all herbs and natural things. You can find it at Whole Foods.