Friday, April 07, 2006

Crunch & Snap!

Two noises that you do *not* want to hear when you are attempting to spin on your spinning wheel....

Seriously. First the Right Treadle did it, and then the Left one followed suit in less than 10 minutes! Just what am I talking about? The leather cords connecting my footmen to the treadles had broken - let me tell you - the first time (heck, both times!) it happened, I was seriously afraid I had somehow broken my wheel. Not a good thing, especially when in the midst of a spinning project. Luckily for me, I was able to salvage the remainder of the leather straps to re-attach the footmen accordingly. If it happens again, I'll be replacing them with hemp cord - I have LOTS of that. Anyhow, the new yarn is drying, so stay tuned for pics in the future :)

No comments: