Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Carder is here to stay!

Well, I broke out the drum carder and had some fun with it... All of the fiber I have for blending right now is lovely merino - and I have to say, the spinning is wonderful. I'd forgotten just how lovely it is to spin with merino - it drafts out so smoothly!

For any new/aspiring spinners out there, I personally recommend going with as lovely a fiber as you can while you're learning - I think it will help because you'll love the feel of the fiber as it flows through your fingers...and even if your finished product is a bit slubby and uneven, you'll still love the feel of it! (and trust me, going back to the slubby spinning is tough once you are in the habit of turning out a fairly even gauge single!)

Anyhow, go ogle the results here.

1 comment:

Oiyi said...

Your yarns are gorgeous! I am drooling.

Do you have any advice for a newbie who is trying to spin from a drop spindle?