Friday, December 10, 2004

Interesting noises.

I love listening to sounds in the wilderness. One of my favorite things to listen to is the sound of birds flying. Birds make noise while they fly??! Why yes, yes they do. Ever hear the sound of a raven's wings flapping as it flys overhead or up or down canyon? Its amazingly loud. The sound of a swift slicing through the air as it speeds along near cliffs or mountain tops is also unique and amazing. I recently heard a huge group of small birds flying - it sounded like rustling leaves. I couldn't figure out what the noise was since all the trees were naked - but as soon as I looked up, I understood. I have no idea what kind of birds they were, but it seemed as the sun was going down, they were all determined to go somewhere.

For those who are puzzling out the Holiday Message Below, (sorry, the scaled size isn't great, but the original was too wide for Blogger resulting in weirdness of the post)...in case you guys are wondering just what it says, M (2.71828) r^2 (1/y)^(-1) SqRt(x^2) (force/acceleration) = Merry XMass :) yeah, alright. I'm a dork. I admit it.

Tonight, I get to go play at the Yarn Garden. This pleases me to no end - I finally get to finger Rowan yarn! Goodness knows I don't need to enhance my stash - I have more yarn than I know what to do with! And while a good portion I have ideas what to earmark it for, I still have plenty I'm trying to find a project to align it with....that troublesome blue yarn I have comes immediately to mind. Ah well, it's not every day I have access to such a wide variety of yarn. It's a good thing I have limited luggage space :)

No comments: