Sunday, September 26, 2004

Tequila!

Thanks to my friend Raquel and her impending move, I acquired a bottle of tequila amongst other tasty things while shopping in her pantry. What to do with said tequila? Margaritas come to mind...but I decided to turn it into a tasty marinade for my dinner...Tequila Lime Pork, Chicken and veggies! What's the recipe, you may ask?

Tequila Lime Marinade for Pork, Chicken and Vegetables:
1/2 cup Tequila
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 jalapeno, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil

Combine it all and marinade your meat and veggies overnight. Slap it all on the grill and enjoy!

For the curious, I used the above to marinate about 3 pounds of pork loin chops and chicken breasts along with 1 large onion and 2 huge bell peppers.

1 comment:

Raquel said...

Sounds yummy! No cooking for me until Thursday eve....:(