Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Summer Solstice!

Summer is officially here, and with temperatures soaring here in the desert (so far something like 8 days in 2008 over 110 F!), I think it is fair to say summer has been here for a while.

But I still play with wool anyway. 3rd time is the charm right? I sure hope so - I reknit the hem, and sewed it up on my koigu sweater, only to discover that it still wanted to flip upwards. I don't know if it's because I didn't knit it long enough (that's what I suspect) - but I picked it out last night and I'm switching to 1x1 rib. Now I just need to figure out what to do to edge the sleeves....

I find it slightly humorous that on a day when temperatures are 111 F and still climbing, I am doing a drawing to give away a knitted hat book...ah well, the projects are small, and perfect for knitting during the summer months to prepare for the cooler seasons!

I fired up the Random Number Generator



And it picked Angela/Oiyi as the 15th person to comment. Angela has a beautiful daughter to knit for - she's got a great blog for those of you who haven't discovered it yet. In her most recent post she shows off her sewing and baking skills with some awesome animal cookie cutters. Thank you all so much for stopping by and playing :)

1 comment:

Oiyi said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see this book. Thank you!