Thursday, January 04, 2007

Stop the Presses!

My DH has decided he wants a sweater!

After consulting all my books and all the online sites for patterns and inspiration - I was about to get ready to go out and buy Knitting with Balls for inspection - but then I found Avast at Knitty and figured it might be just the thing. Simple, but with one happy cable. I printed the pattern out, and ran the photos by the DH - and it passed muster! Hunting in the stash turned up a cone of Karaoke in the Black Sheep Colorway - DH patted the cone, asking if it's scratchy...uh - it's Soysilk and wool. It's not scratchy - the man is going to have more luxury knits than I do! And *I'm* the knitter! LOL - anyhow, I've taken the appropriate measurements, I've weighed the cone to make sure there's enough yarn, and now I have to knit the dreaded gauge swatch. *sigh* all in the name of love right? ;) After all, I didn't even knit myself a gauge swatch for any of my own sweaters!

1 comment:

Cathi said...

Hey- I know this is totally unrelated to your post, but I wasn't sure if I had your e-mail....are you going to do the Iron Girl again? I saw that they're doing it in March (or at least I assume you did the Tempe one) down there. I can't wait to do it again!