Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Holidays are Here!

Tomorrow marks the "official" beginning of the Holiday Season, and my gift to myself was to declare *last* weekend as the final weekend this season that I would work my fingers off knitting for strangers....I have been knitting all this time...


...see? Scarfage. Lots and lots of Scarves. Well, not lots and lots, but a respectable number of them (seventeen) knit since the very end of October and my last Craft Fair. They were all knit as product for a Craft Fair next month. While I would love for all the world to be full of fiber folk, I've concluded (based on the last craft fair) that I need to have finished objects in my booth to lure people ine - thus the scarves and all those flower pins. More details on that craft fair as we get closer, but if you're local and would like to save the date, it's on Saturday December 9th :)

Anyhow, I never thought I'd find myself launched into a position where I would be on the "caring" end of Black Friday - as I have historically celebrated the Friday following Thanksgiving as Buy Nothing Day...This year, I find myself torn. I will not be cruising the local big retail shops - since becoming a "retailer" myself, I have become much more focused on supporting small local businesses and other indie-merchants. I urge you to do the same :)

I am very thankful to each of you who have touched my life in one way or another - from people who read and comment on my blog, to those whose blogs I read and lurk for inspiration and balance, to the various people I've only "met" online and of course my fabulous customers - you all keep me going. For those of you who celebrate this holiday, I hope its a great one :)

4 comments:

J.Reilly said...

Wow stephanie - you have an awesome variety of pretty scarves there! I hope they draw a lot of people (how could you NOT get noticed with such beautiful stuff?!) Happy Thanksgiving!!

Oiyi said...

Wonderful scarves! You have been very productive! I agree that it would lure more people to your yarns if you had finished products laying around. Those scarves would have lured me in, but your gorgeous yarns would have done the trick anyways.

Anonymous said...

ooooh look at all those scarves!!!

Erica said...

Nothing says lovin' like a handknit scarf wrapped around your neck and yours are sure lovely! Congrats on your own project that is just for yourself! I had to think for a moment about what I had actually made for myself and you know what? The grand total is 4 washcloths (2 of which were made just to use up some scraps). So... do a happy little dance when you have finished your shawl and send some good vibes my way and just maybe, I will have made something for myself by then! :)