Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sock Wars?

Apparently a little game of Assassin is getting ready to be kicked off. The trick with this version is it's Knitting related...it's the Sock Wars by the Yarn Monkey. The Fierce Competitor in me wants to join, and the Knitter in me finds it rather amusing to be knocked off by a pair of socks - though the sensible portion in my brain tells me this would be a foolish foolish thing to do knowing that I have small obsessive compulsive issues with certain things...and all that holiday knitting to complete and designs I'm supposed to be working on, not to mention the dye experiments...Incidentally there are currently about 540 crazed sock knitters that will be entering the fray...I'm still undecided. Deadline to sign up is August 28.

Not to be an enabler or anything...but not only do I have lovely hand painted yarns available, Little Knits is currently running a sale on commercial sock yarns...

3 comments:

Karola said...

Hi Stephanie, gosh it was a such a great thing to meet you yesterday at swtc!!! i am so happy that i could just knit!! hee..hee.. anyway thank you again for listening to me ramble on.. i finally did get out of there.. and got to the house around 4pm.. and of course he wasn't there yet.. he didn't get in till at least 1/2 an hour later.. ugh.. and then i didn't get home till 1030pm.. and of course didn't get laundry done there either.. but at least we did accomplish enough packing and following up on orders of his.. now i've got to get in the shower.. if kori left me any hot water.. eeek.. haha. and then run to the post office, bank and stop at skip one knit 2 cause i've got to get the bag to denise.. by the way aren't they putting knitting needles in the bags too? i could have sworn they had mentioned that? karola

Anonymous said...

Oooh the temptation. I would be tempted too except I am a horrible sock knitter. Horrible!

K~ said...

I have enjoyed visiting your site. I do love yarn and seem to buy a lot of it. Then, I too, look for a project to do something with it. I just started to blog a couple of months ago. It's fun. I just learned how to knit a year and half ago. Not ready for socks. I love the idea of sock war!! I am a crocheter (mostly). I weave, cross stitch, bead...etc. K~