Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

While this last winter has been crazy across the country, I can't help but wonder if we've damaged the environment past the point of repair - ever the optimist, I've continued pondering ways to reduce the ways I strain the environment. We do recycle a lot, we've installed compact fluorescents throughout the house, I carry reusable bags to reduce our consumption of plastic ones, we pay a little extra to have green energy put on the grid. Our home landscaping is xerescaped, and our houseplants are watered with gray water or rinsewater from when I wash veggies for cooking. We try not to overconsume by way of purchasing extraneous "stuff" and we try to dispose of what we do have to throw away responsibly. If I need to go to the store on the weekends, I try to walk over, after all, it isn't far. Every little bit helps, I figure.

If you've any green tips you'd like to share, please do post them - I'm always looking for new ways to reduce my load on the environment!

No comments: