Monday, October 13, 2008

Forget the Pants...

...All I want is a plain ol button down, long sleeved shirt. You know - similar to the kind that seem to be ubiquitous for men - but cut for a woman, and preferably with a touch of stretch to the fabric. And wrinkle resistant. Is that so much to ask for? Apparently, it is - either that or I simply don't know where to look to find one locally* - honestly - I was more successful at shopping for pants, believe it or not! So...the next time I find myself in this predicament (having to shop for business attire) - any of you have tips? Or should I just make sure to give myself enough time to order online? I see LL Bean has a nice selection of oxfords and strech poplin shirts...

*Places I tried include, but are not limited to: Old Navy, Nordstrom (had some, limited selection - $75 ea!), Gap, JCrew, Macys, Dillards, Eddie Bauer (turns out they have a fantastic online selection, but had nothing to see in the store that I could find), Ann Taylor, and Banana Republic (had some, limited selection).

*sigh* keep those suggestions rolling in. Looks like next time I'll be resorting to ordering online!

7 comments:

cayli said...

Sorry, too much to ask for. LOL LLBean does have nice ones if you plan ahead for the shipping time.

crgilvr said...

Eddie Bauer has good ones and they make a stain-resistant version (which is good, if you're me).

bittenbyknittin said...

Does Sears still sell Lands End? Then you could try some one and order more online.

Anonymous said...

I have worn my Land's End oxford cloth button-down shirt for years and years (ordered from the catalog...that is how old it is!). Lovely, soft and very comforting.

Anonymous said...

Try Christopher & Banks. I have had really good luck with clothes there this year.

emicat said...

I know you're not resorting to online ordering yet, but if you do, I'd second LLBean's shirts too. I bought mine there and they do have the ones with a little stretch to 'em.

good luck on your search.

Anonymous said...

I can recommend both the Eddie Bauer and Lands End ones.