Monday, May 22, 2006

Color, Color, Everywhere!

In an attempt to remedy my lack of colorful posts for Project Spectrum and to also feed my ongoing fascination with color, I had a wonderful time dying up skeins and skeins of yarn to take care of my Dye-o-Rama duties. Five honkin skeins of yarn and a whole mess of dyes resulted in this:


Of course, I do prefer how they look skeined...they just look so delicious. Go look. There's beauty in piles of yarn ;)

I have to admit, the skeining was a right pain in the you know what - at least until I figured out a proper setup. Unfortunately it proved to be rather annoying process that involved breaking of yarn at least twice, massive tangling of yarn at least once, and eventually blocking access from one side of the house to the other because the ONLY place I can park my skeiner and swift in a linear fashion at a height where I can still easily see the counter is smack dab in the middle of the foyer. Oh well - at least it works :D

No comments: