Friday, February 23, 2007

To Dye...or not to Dye...

that is the question.

Since I haven't been able to knit of late (I well and truly have Tendinitis :( and have been told to cease and desist on anything that causes more problems for my forearms and hand) I've found that spinning doesn't aggravate it, so I've been spinning instead :) Unfortunately for my poor husband, his sweater will likely not be finished this season.


Anyhow, this brings me to my current question - the yarn above is currently on my bobbin...and I'm undecided as to whether I want to overdye it or not. I adore some of the colors, and am kind of "meh" on others. It is a blend of soysilk and wool, and it is quite lovely to spin. So...what do you guys think? Overdye or no?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO NO AND MORE NO. The yarn is beautiful as is. I would make a lovely pullover or socks in a simple knit.

Maryeleen of Garrisons garret

K~ said...

I think it is beautiful. I really like the variety of color in it. Were you imagining a use for it while spinning it, a tote, a shawl, a throw? I know how that is when I get started on a project and it seems to evolve into something all together different from what I originally thought. K~

elizabethanne28 said...

Stephanie...
Don't Dye it is beautiful as is.

Oiyi said...

I like the colors as is. I am sorry to hear about your wrists. That is horroble! I know how it feels when you can't knit. My wrists hurt so badly during the Christmas break, I had to stop for a week and it drove me crazy that I couldn't pick up the needles. I hope you recover soon!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the others. The colors are beautiful, don't overdye this one.