Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I love me my books :)


While there might not be a whole lot of knittin goin on while I am busy getting sucked into training, I do have some wonderful books that were recently gifted to me - I love the wrapping paper :D (oh, I also got some super delicious fig preserves, I'm so lucky!)

I received Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan - it's a lovely book with all kinds of inspirational ideas inside. I hate to admit it, but I am especially fond of the chapter on fractals. I loved fractals when I was in school, and I still love fractals. I think I need a Fractal yoke sweater. Okay, so maybe need is a bit strong, but still, I find fractals absolutely fascinating.

I also received a book to help motivate me in my fitness endeavors (though there are still no plans for this woman for multi-sport events) - It's a great book called Slow Fat Triathlete, though it appears Amazon is out of stock right now for some reason.

And because my friends know that I also have a fascination for bags, I got a cool Japanese craft book - ISBN 4-8347-2454-9 - it's all about sewing eco friendly totes! I may become good friends with my sewing machine yet! LOL

In other reading, I've been absorbed with running books of late - I just finished No Need for Speed by John Bingham, and have now picked up Galloway's Book on Running 2 Ed for some further training pointers and notes. In order to get some further inspiration, I'm also reading 26 Miles to Boston: The Boston Marathon Experience from Hopkinton to Copley Square (no, I'm not even dreaming of running the Boston Marathon - not right now anyway ;) )

Speaking of running, training is continuing for my race - I did a hill run today, and actually beat my pace for my first 25min continuous run! They tell me there's nothing quite like runner's high, and I have to say I'm starting to believe it :D

No comments: