Monday, July 25, 2005

Leafy Lacework

Continuing with my fascination with knitted lace, I decided to knit Knitty's Branching Out as a hostess gift for a friend who's putting up with me and a mess of other crew in a month or so while we run amok at a local (to her) trade show - and no, it's not a fiber related trade show...it's an outdoor gear trade show. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a little bit of a gear head when it comes to outdoor gear and equipment - but then it seems I'm the same way when it comes to my fiberly pursuits.

Anyhow, I've got enough yarn to do another...or I might use the yarn to do this dayflower scarf...Details (and another photo) on my Branching Out can be found here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!! It really came out great! I love the color, too!!

Oiyi said...

The red is gorgeous! You did a great job.

Anonymous said...

I found your site via oiyi's crafts. Your branching out is beautiful. It looks really incredible in that rich red.

Anonymous said...

Y'know, I have some Kidsilk Haze I've been trying to figure out what to do with, and I was wanting to try some lace. I think this might be the project for it.