Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Dyejob of another variety...

...or Blue...it's not just for old ladies ;)

I recently got a haircut - had to do something to get my hair up off my neck what with the 110+ (~45 C) temps here in the desert (yes, I know we have air conditioning, but still, any time spent outdoors is simply broiling!) Anyhow, I thought I'd do something different and add in some blue and purple (the matching shirt was just an unplanned bonus).

It isnt really a dye-job, rather it's a set of extensions - the salon suggested those instead of real colorwork because they are lower maintenance and a lot less stress on my hair. Indoors, they aren't terribly visible...

...but the color does pop out a lot better in the sun! In case you're wondering, these should be able to stay in 2-3 months, and they are seamless/weftless. The biggest thing I've noticed so far with them is the texture of the extension does not closely match my own hair - it's more fine and definitely more coarse (but I suspect that might be due to the color treatment). It took a little while to get accustomed to the join, but otherwise, it's been a relatively low fuss way to get some color into my hair :)

4 comments:

amyville_in_az said...

LOVE the cut and the color, I was going to say something in the elevator today, but that 3rd floor came way to quickly!

Nikki said...

how fun!!!

Oiyi said...

A very flattering hair cut. The colored extensions are super cool! I love how you are not damaging your hair by dying it.

Letoya said...

PUNK! I like it.