Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Is it Friday Yet?

...or a wee glimpse into my mundane life.

Last weekend was good, spent some quality time with the husband and cats, went out for Dim Sum and met up with Raquel and Chad, down from Oregon to run the Skirtchaser race :) Everything was going great til the car decided to go "click" instead of "vroom" upon insertion and turning of the key.

So I attempted some amateur troubleshooting - and learned how to swap out a car battery:

(yeah, I'm wearing gloves - it makes for less grease everywhere and also protects against acid burn if there are any crystals on the battery). Unfortunately, the battery didn't do it - so I've been carless the last couple days while the car was running up a rather unfortunate bill at the repair shop...the bad news is we're not done yet and I need to schedule a followup appointment *sigh*

Hasn't been a great week as far as food or exercise goes - I've "hired" a health coach to try to help keep me more accountable. After all, I do know what I need to do...it just falls apart in the execution is all. Tonight when trying to figure out what was for dinner, the husband submitted a request for "good pizza". Realizing that I need to try to get back into the swing of preparing food properly rather than resorting to takeout or convenience items, I churned pair of pies out with the help of Trader Joes ready made dough...

And they came out quite nicely if I do say so myself - this one is laden with spinach, mushrooms, onions, garlic and pineapple bits. Very tasty :) I baked it in stages to get the veggies to cook down and dry up some before I added the cheese. And with all those veggies on there, it was plenty filling - there's still plenty of pizza left over for tomorrow's breakfast...or lunch...or dinner even.

There has, of course, been knitting going on, but most of it is of the stealthy variety. I'll be back with more sock photos shortly, I'm sure...

1 comment:

Oiyi said...

That pizza looks fantastic! My sister uses Trader Joe's dough all the time and she loves it. I don't have one close by so I often order pizza since there are so many pizza shops here in NYC. Bad, I know!