Monday, December 10, 2007

Brrr, it's cold!


Mod Coat
Originally uploaded by domiKNITrix
I know...I'll knit a coat!

Just kidding - but it does seem that every time it gets cool, I start dreaming of being swathed in handknits.

When I first got Domiknitrix: Whip Your Knitting into Shape, one of the projects that really popped out were the City Coat, and the Mod Coat (mod coat featured in photo). I found myself dreaming of this coat this weekend as the weather was cold and blustery (well, as cold and blustery as it can be in the desert ;) ) I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but I haven't the yarn on hand to cast on for this coat...luckily I have thus far been saved from my own craziness and folly as I just plain ran out of time to even attempt a raid on the LYS this past weekend. My hands may be thanking me - it's bulky weight yarn knit on US8 needles I think - the small needles would result in a wonderfully firm fabric, though I suspect my hands would attempt to revolt at the prospect of all that garter stitch in such a tight gauge! Perhaps one to queue for knitting "some day"?

1 comment:

Letoya said...

I love that coat!