Monday, August 06, 2007

A Sneak Treat!

Lucky Me! I was lucky enough to have received an advance copy of Romantic Hand Knits: 26 Flirtatious Designs That Flatter Your Figure by Annie Modesitt. (officially released for sale tomorow, August 7th)

If you want a sneak peak inside the book, check out Annie's Flickr set. The book itself is stunning to look at - the photos lush, the knitting just gorgeous. Since I received the book, I haven't had a moment to do much else other than to page through and ogle the photos. Various of the projects in the book, will, I'm sure eventually make it onto my needles - and others will provide inspiration for yet other projects. The patterns are broken down into 3 sections: Above the Waist - various tops from tanks/camisoles to sweaters and cardigans, Below the Waist - Skirts and Dresses, and Accessories - which include hats, gloves, scarves and stockings. It's fair to say I found patterns in each of the sections that caught my interest.

In addition to lovely photos and patterns, the book also has plenty of helpful information regarding techniques that may be considered more advanced or non-standard to the average knitter such as embroidery, crochet and basic lace knitting techniques. Also included is a recommended reading section in the back to help augment my knitting library :) I'm looking forward to spending a bit more time with this book as I work my way through my knitting project queue :)

1 comment:

AmysBabies said...

how cool! That looks like a beautiful book!