Friday, March 28, 2008

Featured :)

It must just be my luck - my Spin Off and shawl arrived at my house yesterday after I blogged :) Here's my shawl, featured on page 94 if you happen to be a reader of Spin Off. All the other shawls are gorgeous as well - and I really like how they opted to photograph them, against a neutral backdrop with nothing to distract. I also like how they did a small photo of the knitted product along with the fiber and yarn that they were knit from.

Luckily for me, Spin Off made mention of my Shop not just once (in the writeup about the shawl) but twice! Check it out! They decided to include the batt I sent as fiber reference for my shawl in their "Get This" product review section :) Ideally I would have had a more brightly colored batt to feature, but I can't complain too much.


The rest of the magazine is looking pretty wonderful too - I'm looking forward to going through it and giving their "wrap and roll" technique of coil yarn spinning a try - I'm not sure if I'm going to like it better than the current way I do coiled/core spun yarn but it's something new to attempt :)

6 comments:

cayli said...

There it is! Looks great and it was so cool to see it in there.

Now if I could just get myself back to spinning I could use some of those batts.

Anonymous said...

Your shawl looks wonderful, congratulation :)

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I am going to have to hunt down a copy.

Nikki said...

Congratulations!

I got my copy too! I can't wait to go through it page by page. Your shawl looks great!

Twisted Knitter said...

Congratulations Stephanie!! I'll have to pick up a copy too! :-)

Oiyi said...

Congrats! That is very exciting.