Monday, April 11, 2005

C is for Cookie, darn-it!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am just plain appalled. Cookie Monster, my favorite Sesame Street character, is no longer singing that C is for Cookie. Apparently, according to the various news articles making the rounds, Cookie Monster is now spreading the word that "cookies are a sometimes food." As someone who has more than an abundance of fondness for all things pastry, I think this is positively ridiculous - have people no shame? Tweaking well loved characters like Cookie Monster in an attempt to curb the growing obesity rate, to me anyway, seems like people once again are failing to react to the true contributing factors. Apparently I'm not the only outraged one out there...there's even an online Petition to get Cookie Monster back to his Cookies. He'll definitely be a monster no longer if he's forced to eat his cookies in moderation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shame on you Cookie Monster! Sometimes food my a%@!!! All I know is taht when I was five I learned this special song...." c is for cookie thats good enough for me." And I have NEVER looked back!

Bonnie
http://www.booglass.typepad.com